Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

What's that?  You don't speak Latin?  And you're not Catholic?  Then I guess you'll just have to use the Google machine and look it up.

So I missed a few days of posts.  Life sorta of snuck up on me.  The weekend passed me by before I realized what had happened.  Bummer.

So here's what I'll do for you, dear reader.  I'm going to use two different kitchen gadgets this week, and I'll post about both of them.  That'll cover my missing Friday.

I haven't decided how to make up for Saturday, yet.  Maybe I'll submit a second post later tonight with some blast from the past pictures.  We'll see.

As for today, this post will contain some brief updates to my 2012 goals.  Here's where I am so far:

Goal 1 - be a better role model for my kids
Progress - we're instituting a swear jar in the house, and I think the hubby may go broke in the next week

Goal 2 - get back in shape
Progress - it doesn't feel like much yet, but I'm down 5 pounds in the last two weeks

Goal 3 - stick to a budget
Progress - I've budgeted through the next 3 months, and I think we'll at least make it that far  :)

Goal 4 - finish a novel
Progress - I'm 10,000 words into one of them, and have most of the plot and characters set up for a second

Goal 5 - have another baby
Progress - we're not even going to start trying til next month

Goal 6 - spend more quality time with my kids
Progress - we went to the Snake Farm yesterday, it was super fun!



Goal 7 - make progress with my scrapbooking
Progress - none yet, haven't had time to set stuff back up as of yet, but I'll start planning for it next month

Goal 8 - take E to church
Progress - we went to mass Saturday night  :)  and actually made it through the whole thing!

Goal 9 - read 26 new books
Progress - I'm on page 301 of 416 of Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison, book number 1; so far, it's really good

Goal 10 - organize my side of the garage
Progress - haven't had much time to work on it yet; here's what I'm fighting against




Goal 11 - make and keep a schedule
Progress - I've actually started writing things down in my planner again, so I consider that a positive first step

Goal 12 - live the life God gave me
Progress - this one is the hardest, and I'm working on it...it'll take some time

 So that's where I am, dear reader.  Making progress, even if it's slow.  I'll make up the missed posts, I promise.  Unfortunately, right now I have to go take care of a crying toddler.  It's late, and he's tired, which means lots of tears and noise for no real reason.  Yay for parenthood!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment