Monday, February 25, 2013

lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my!

had a super-fun day friday.  no, we didn't mke a side-trip to oz.

i had decided i needed deserved a break from work, and that the mom did, too (we've worked extra hard the last couple weeks), so we scheduled a day off and took the kiddos to the zoo in san antonio.  we hadn't been for over a year, so it was a needed trip.  we somehow managed to fit all three kids, me, my sis, my mom, and TWO strollers into Mom's minivan.  i wish i'd taken a picture of that.  needless to say (but i'm going to anyway), it was a little crowded in there.  but the kids had their movie players going, and JW was fast asleep, and Andie spent the whole drive playing on her phone, so no one really minded much.

the day was nearly perfect.  clear skies, cool, with a breeze.  it was a little chilly when we started out, but turned into great weather.  and there wasn't much of a crowd, since it was a school/work day.  i love that i can take time off from my job to be able to do these kinds of things.  i know a lot of people aren't so lucky.

so this:


is what it looks like when you take 3 kids under the age of 5 to the zoo.  two strollers (as mentioned previously), a diaper bag, and a "food bag" (seriously, have you seen the prices of food at the zoo lately?!).  i love my strollers, and am SUPER glad that we managed to squeeze them both into Mom's van.  i don't think this trip would have been as much fun without both of them.

i won't bore you with a lot of details about things we saw, what we did, etc.  it was the zoo; you can probably guess, and if you can't, you should take a day off and go to the zoo.  you need a break.  trust me.  here's our day in pictures.

so the little man was tired already when we got there


this is my precocious 4 year old telling the rhino to "stop being lazy"


yep, still sleeping (i was playing with my camera settings)


this was as close as i could get them to stand to each other for a picture


"i'm smiling, Mom, take the stupid picture already!"


feeding the lorikeets...this is my FAVORITE part of the zoo! it's also the part that sends my kids frantically in the other direction


yes, that is my son kicking goat poop in the petting zoo, thanks for asking


just playing with my camera settings, again


we're not sure where this guy thought he was going, but he sure was trying


you guessed it, still sound asleep...but isn't he gorgeous?!


again, love, love, love my strollers...thanks, Mom, for fronting us the cashola to get the new sit-n-stand!


by the end, even my big boy was exhausted


so, there's our day.  it was awesome; can't wait to do it again!

oh, and a little PS...

this:



is the greatest invention ever.  like, ev.er.  seriously.


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment