Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The first two chapters...

Look at me, posting on time for Wingin'-It Wednesday.  Go me, go me (you can't see me, but I'm doing a little happy dance in my chair).

So anyway, I've decided to post the prelude and chapter one to the book I've done the most writing in (over 12,000 words! yay! only 88,000 more to go...bummer), and the easiest way to do that was to actually create a second blog, that way the long chapters don't tie up the space here on my daily blog (give us this day...).  Also, if the story is in its own blog, the chapters are all right (write) there together and you don't have to go looking for them if you want to reread something.

Here's the link to that blog, where I've gone ahead and posted my writing:

Spacegirl Writes Again

FYI - because of the way blogspot lines up the posts, chapter one is actually on top because I posted it second, so make sure you scroll down and read the prelude first.  Then, please, let me know what you think.  The comments section isn't there just to make the page look pretty (although it does a marvelous job at that, don't you think?).  It actually works.

This book is as of yet untitled, since it’s a work in progress, and the characters are still developing as I write.  I have several more chapters finished, but I’ll wait to post those until I get (hopefully) reactions from any readers.

Please, dear reader, I’m in need of honest critiques.  If urban fantasy isn’t your genre of choice, that’s totally fine and understandable (what’s wrong with you?!), but at least give it a chance to let your friendly neighborhood blogger know what you think of her writing (that’s me, in case it wasn’t obvious).

Check in tomorrow for Theatrical Thursday, when I’ll be reviewing two of my (current) favorite television shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment